AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating another meet at my place. I'm looking at the end of September or so while we still have nice weather for travel etc.

I'd like to get an idea of how many would be interested. It would be on a Saturday and as with my other meets would start at around 2:00 PM and go till folks want to call it a night.

I'm planning an audio upgrade so for anyone who was at my last meet there would be some additional fun stuff.

I'd like to see if I can get a few people involved in my theater to be there as well to talk to folks about their questions ,their theaters etc.

Let me know if you are interested so I can start to formulate plans.

Art

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn
I'm contemplating another meet at my place. I'm looking at the end of September or so while we still have nice weather for travel etc.

I'd like to get an idea of how many would be interested. It would be on a Saturday and as with my other meets would start at around 2:00 PM and go till folks want to call it a night.

I'm planning an audio upgrade so for anyone who was at my last meet there would be some additional fun stuff.

I'd like to see if I can get a few people involved in my theater to be there as well to talk to folks about their questions ,their theaters etc.

Let me know if you are interested so I can start to formulate plans.

Art

Art, I would be interested and will drag my wife along for this one as well.

Since our HT is nearing completion, I want her to see your theater.

The only snag I have is I will be in Florida from Sept. 9th to the 16th. Anything else and I would love to attend!!

Craig

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Art,

you know I'd be in!! Hopefully I could stay longer this time!

Hey, we could make it my birthday meet! Oh, wait, the 29th isn't on a Saturday...

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Whats the closets airport? I'd be there in a heart beat!

- Josh

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000
Art, I would be interested and will drag my wife along for this one as well.

Since our HT is nearing completion, I want her to see your theater.

The only snag I have is I will be in Florida from Sept. 9th to the 16th. Anything else and I would love to attend!!

Craig

Craig,

Sounds great bring yourself,wife and an empty stomach. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley
Too bad I'm in Charleston, WV or I would love to come.
Fly into Kalamazoo stay the night. The president of the WV HT society needs to be more worldly..... just kidding but I know you'd get a kick out of this. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Art,

you know I'd be in!! Hopefully I could stay longer this time!

Hey, we could make it my birthday meet! Oh, wait, the 29th isn't on a Saturday...

Ron,

It wouldn't be a real meet without you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by umdivx
Whats the closets airport? I'd be there in a heart beat!

- Josh
Kalamazoo is 20 minutes from my house. We probably could make arrangements to get you if needed.

Art

·
Registered
109 Posts
What's the farthest someone has come? Is Houston too far? Can I stay the week?! Hope you have fun, wish I was there.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Art, I would love to come by. Only about 1.5 hours away. Actually the 25th is bad for me.

I'm close to Detroit Metro also if anyone needs a ride from the airport. Plus I have a guest room with full bath as well (actually 2, but the second is in the basement across from the HT and who could sleep with that so near?).

Hey umdivx (Josh), I'm a huge Vikings fan, are you? Maybe Art could tune in the game if he has Sunday Ticket.

Pete

I'm posting my HT pics today - The Sanctum

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAD
Hey umdivx (Josh), I'm a huge Vikings fan, are you? Maybe Art could tune in the game if he has Sunday Ticket.

Pete
Vikings!!! who are they?? :D :D

Craig

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Erskine
...do you have a place to park my airplane?
I have a field next to the house but you'd have to drive it in to get there !

Otherwise, Kalamazoo / Battle Creek airport ( about 17 minutes away) would probably be better. :D

I'm now tentatively looking at October 8th but I want to make it work for as many as possible.

Art

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAD
Art, I would love to come by. Only about 1.5 hours away. Actually the 25th is bad for me.

I'm close to Detroit Metro also if anyone needs a ride from the airport. Plus I have a guest room with full bath as well (actually 2, but the second is in the basement across from the HT and who could sleep with that so near?).

Pete

I'm posting my HT pics today - The Sanctum
Pete ,

As I said above, tentatively October 8th but I'm flexable to make it work as best I can.

Looking foward to seeing you !

Art

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Quote:
Pete ,

As I said above, tentatively October 8th but I'm flexable to make it work as best I can.

Looking foward to seeing you !

Art
Art,

I just checked and the 8th looks good for me.

Craig

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Hmm, I wonder what kind of weather/temperatures we'd have around that time... Maybe good enough for a motorcycle ride to the other side of Lake Michigan... I'd love to meet you Art, and complement you in person. :)

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000
Art,

I just checked and the 8th looks good for me.

Craig
Great !

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltimj
Hmm, I wonder what kind of weather/temperatures we'd have around that time... Maybe good enough for a motorcycle ride to the other side of Lake Michigan... I'd love to meet you Art, and complement you in person. :)
Unless something odd happens this is some of best weather ,usually mid 60s crisp air. My favorite time really.

Hope to see you ! :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Art, talked to my wife last night about this and I think she would be interested (WAF is important in this hobby). We're only about 4 hours away in a Cleveland suburb and have friends in Kalamazoo. But....I'll be in Lexington, KY part of that weekend for business including that Saturday. If you happen to settle on a different date we may be able to make it. If not, the next one. Thanks for your hospitality--I know people are anxious to see your theater in person.

Bondsan

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsan
Art, talked to my wife last night about this and I think she would be interested (WAF is important in this hobby). We're only about 4 hours away in a Cleveland suburb and have friends in Kalamazoo. But....I'll be in Lexington, KY part of that weekend for business including that Saturday. If you happen to settle on a different date we may be able to make it. If not, the next one. Thanks for your hospitality--I know people are anxious to see your theater in person.

Bondsan
That is really too bad. I have found that the wives who come too my home and sit for a while more often than not want to reproduce the experience in their homes rather than being turned off, disinterested, or overwhelmed.

I wish there were a way to make it work for everyone. Since it is still tentative stay tuned. :)

Art

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Quote:
That is really too bad. I have found that the wives who come too my home and sit for a while more often than not want to reproduce the experience in their homes rather than being turned off, disinterested, or overwhelmed.

I wish there were a way to make it work for everyone. Since it is still tentative stay tuned. :)

Art
I just mentioned this to my wife as well, and she said she'd love to come. We'll be buying a different house next year and building a dedicated HT, and I think she really needs some inspiration. :)

Unfortunately I mentioned riding the motorcycle in early October and she said "no way!"... so I guess it'd be the car. And I'm hoping it stays on the 8th due to our schedule.. :) (Selfish, I know - you can't please everybody)

-Tim

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Quote:

Fly into Kalamazoo stay the night. The president of the WV HT society needs to be more worldly..... just kidding but I know you'd get a kick out of this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, but I am worldly Art. I've been to Myrtle Beach.....like 3 times.

Actually, I'll be vacationing in Isle of Palms, SC during your meet. If you do it again next year, I would like to take a drive up for it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.