AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been using onboard sound for way to long now and after reading the huge headphones thread on the xbox forum, I need an upgrade. Right now I'm just using my mp3 player headphones AKG K26P and I plan to buy some Senn HD595 soon.

But I would also need something better than my onbaord realtek and not sure what to buy yet, I'm torn between the HT omega claro halo or a X-Fi gamer type of card.I guess it comes down to what tech is better, dolby headphone or cmss-3d.

Also, the claro halo XT have dolby pro logic2x and just found out it does work with headphones, does it worth the extra 80$ to listen music in surround?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I use the X-fi titanium in my Vista 64 system and love it, once you get the new drivers downloaded and installed it works great. Everything sounds better, music, movies, and especially games, I just couldn't handle not having real surround in my games. I think I paid $80 for it off newegg.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the Omega ht claro and it works awesome with vista64. I have an audigy2 and it works good with my xp machine but it did not play nice with my vista setup...In fact I did not have any luck with creative products and vista which is why I went with the omega and I will tell you it is awesome, never gives me any trouble *knock on wood*

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went for the claro halo XT anyway, should have it today. I could care less about EAX and the built in amp is really welcome since I will now have a pair of beyer DT150.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts