Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am looking for a HT company to do a plasma install. Should be pretty easy for the right company. I have a panny th-42pwd7

1. Install protected outlet on wall behind set.

2. Provide wall mount.

3. Install wall mount.

4. Hide all wires, low voltage and high voltage.

I have talked to Tweeter and ABT. Tweeter was high, I think, around 1300, and ABT will not do the install because I have metal studs. I have a condo in downtown chicago.

Please help. Thanks for any info you have.

Matt

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattalter
Hi.

I am looking for a HT company to do a plasma install. Should be pretty easy for the right company. I have a panny th-42pwd7

1. Install protected outlet on wall behind set.

2. Provide wall mount.

3. Install wall mount.

4. Hide all wires, low voltage and high voltage.

I have talked to Tweeter and ABT. Tweeter was high, I think, around 1300, and ABT will not do the install because I have metal studs. I have a condo in downtown chicago.

Please help. Thanks for any info you have.

Matt
You may have problems getting the power outlet put in. Do you have an electrical outlet underneath where the plasma will sit?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Well, you could probably patch into it then, but you'd have to get through that metal stud, which may or may not be a nightmare.

Will you equipment sit below the plasma?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, directly below. I don't think putting a outlet should be a big deal. Do you know anyone that can do this. Tweeter can do this, but there a little stuck up for me. I felt a little talked down to.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattalter
Yes, directly below. I don't think putting a outlet should be a big deal. Do you know anyone that can do this. Tweeter can do this, but there a little stuck up for me. I felt a little talked down to.
Then I think for the power outlet I would find a licensed and bonded electrician. No need taking any chances on letting a Tweater installer (who may or may not be a licensed electrical contractor) handle something that you definitely don't want going wrong.

I'd probably do the low voltage myself, but would consider having him install a retro fit low voltage box where the plasma would mount (keeping in mind how the plasma mount will go on the wall) and then have him install the same directly underneath that box, where your equipment will be.

Also, you may want to run your low voltage wires one stud bay over from where your power is, as to avoid any interference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you recomend a mount for my set that is easy to install and is adjustable in case my metal studs are not centered?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.