AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a HT with 7.1 setup and looking for a good receiver. Price is not an issue. I heard good things about Lexicon RV-8, Denon 5805 and Integra 10.5. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
i would have to look at separates first, could be less money. and in 4 or 5 years you only have to upgrade the brains (pre/pro) and retain your 7 ch amp. i recently bought an onkyo tx sr 702 and it broke down now i have to mail this 40 pound beast half way cross the country to have it looked at. those big receivers make me nervous. but while looking at receivers i looked at the integera 6.5 hooked to a pair of mcintosh speakers and it drove them with authority. you may get away with a less monstrous receiver and use a stereo amp for the fronts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about separates as well and considered sunfire and parasound halo lines. Some AV dealers in town are recommending Lexicon over those medium class separates in terms of quality. They do agree to your point of convenience though. Their view is that unless I go to Lexicon separates it is hard to beat RV-8 value.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i do like the lexicon of your 3 picks, they are very clear about their power output 140x7 all ch driven. denon has lots of bells and whistles but 2 year warranty should be a red flag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.