Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CS2

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start upgrading by maybe buying 1 a month.. i will be buying the polk monitor speakers off new egg.. only thing that probably wont be polk is the sub which will most likely be purchased last.. my question is what should be upgraded first and what should i buy.. here are my options

Monitor 30s or 40s to replace fronts... no matter which is bought, when i purchase towers, the 30s or 40s will be used as surrounds

or hold off on the bookshelfs and purchase a CS2 first to replace center... basically i would like to know which would be more beneficial to replace first since this upgrade wont be done all at once

and is it worth the extra 20 - 30 bucks to get the monitor 40s over the 30s since they will end up as surrounds

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
The 40 over the 30 by a long mile.

I'g get the pair of 40 first, so stereo playback will be much better.

Don't forget to check Polk Direct on Ebay as well. Occasionally they throw CS and 30/40 on there as 3 day auctions that usually end up at 60-75% of the Newegg series II.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for feedback.. I didnt look at ebay because i believe most if not all of the stuff in the polk store says its refurbished which means you get a 2 year warranty vs a 5 year with new speakers

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
Speakers break from abuse. In my opinion, the difference between a 2 or 5 year warranty is moot. Even if you "did" toast a tweeter or crossover, you can buy better replacements from the MANY online stores and spend $30 for a pair of tweeters better than what was in the speakers to begin with.

http://www.parts-express.com/
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/

And MANY, MANY others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.