AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for making a new thread. It seems that questions get buried pretty quick in the HT-S590 thread.

I finally got around to setting up my speakers after putting off through the holidays. I have run into a little bit of a problem. No sound. I upgraded the wire to 16g right away and figured I went wrong there, but even using the factory wire has produced no results. All I get from each speaker during the test is a hissing noise letting me know, at the very least, that I correctly placed the speakers. No tone whatsoever. I am pretty frustrated as I have hooked up a speaker system in the past and am unable to figure out what is going wrong. Hopefully I just overlooked something really stupid and I can move on from here. Any thoughts?

Also, I have run the test through each speaker set with the same results (A,B,AB) This is truly aggravating as I am tired of hearing my sound through the tv and have been dying to listen to The Beatles "Love" album since Christmas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the system connected to my Olevia 32" 720P with component cables. I have the Wii and DTV box connected to the receiver through component (DTV box uses optical to receiver). My 360 is ran to the television with a VGA cable and then I am using an optical cable to my receiver. I have switched the sound on the 360 to DPLII but there is no change.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Try it using radio and see if it works, you might not have your input sources assigned properly. Also make sure you have Spaker "A" on and "B" off. If noone of those work you'll probably need to contact onkyo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. I finally got my 360 to start pumping out but there is feedback in every single speaker. Is this due to the quality of my speaker wire (GE 16G) or do I need to adjust some settings to minimize/eliminate the sound? It automatically detects that it should be set at DD and i set the listening mode to digital.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to clarify, the feedback I am receiving is a hissing news and seems to only be present when I am running dolby digital. The tuner can run through the two front speakers without any interference (although I did have to skip away from the automatic setting for the receiver to avoid popping in the front left speaker). Any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.