AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Onkyo SR-606 plus the Energy Act6 5.1 system would be better than the HT-S7100?

Right now I can get both for $540 shipped. The cheapest i can find the HT-S7100 is over $600. I have been waiting for the price to go down, but am getting a little impatient. If the separate reveiver and speaker is better than the HT-S7100, i will buy now.

Also if i do this, in the future would it be ok to but a set of the energy c-100 for left and right speakers and move the act6's to the suround and rear speakers? Or would it not sound right mixing and matching from a different energy line?

·
Registered
29,193 Posts
It would be perfectly fine to get Energy C-100's with the Act6, but you might want get a larger Energy center at that point too. But don't wait forever because the C-100s are being discontinued for a newer model.

I rather have the 606 and Energy setup over the 7100. I believe in buying speakers from speaker manufacturers instead of electronics components makers. Energy's specialty is speakers, Onkyo's is not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the good info. I purchased the Act6 today for $219 shipped and will be buying the SR606 tomarrow for either $320 refurb from Accessories4less or $340 new from amazon. Hopefully they wont be out of stock again.

I looked into prices of the c-100's and the c-c100 center cannel. I also found the the c-50's and c-c50 center channel are about 1/2 the price and seem to be a good size. My setup is in an apartment right now, so i dont realy need anything to big.

Would it be a good idea to get the c-50 and c-c50 for under $180 shipped or hold off for the c-100 and c-c100 for about $300.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Ideally you will be able to listen to the Energy speakers before you buy, but not everyone has all brands available to them locally. The C-100 is a very nice price and hard to pass up. I don’t think they’re too big for an apartment so I wouldn’t be concerned about that. I’d encourage you to post over on the Energy thread in the speaker section and ask some people who actually own them and can give you real comparisons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts