AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to purchase some new quality recliners and have been considering Home Theater chairs as an option because of the slew of amenities like trays, usb charging, storage etc. I have looked through all the brands and have my favorites but I have a problem. None of them seem to offer independent back and footrest control. They all seem to lift the legs up first then the back will recline. This is very uncomfortable for my body and although they are electric there only seems to be one or two comfortable positions. I am recovering from over a year of bed rest so I probably have more aches and pains then most. So I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for chairs that might have this feature. Also, if the chairs natural sitting position was a bit more reclined that would work as well, however most I have tried or researched have a natural sitting position that is too far forward, so you continue to be too far forward until Your legs are up and then they start the back reclining which in my opinion is an awful setup.

The brands I am considering are BarcaLounger, HT Design, Palliser. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello,

I am looking to purchase some new quality recliners and have been considering Home Theater chairs as an option because of the slew of amenities like trays, usb charging, storage etc. I have looked through all the brands and have my favorites but I have a problem. None of them seem to offer independent back and footrest control. They all seem to lift the legs up first then the back will recline. This is very uncomfortable for my body and although they are electric there only seems to be one or two comfortable positions. I am recovering from over a year of bed rest so I probably have more aches and pains then most. So I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for chairs that might have this feature. Also, if the chairs natural sitting position was a bit more reclined that would work as well, however most I have tried or researched have a natural sitting position that is too far forward, so you continue to be too far forward until Your legs are up and then they start the back reclining which in my opinion is an awful setup.

The brands I am considering are BarcaLounger, HT Design, Palliser. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.
I read this a few times and couldn't figure out what you prefer -- back reclined, but not legs? Back first, then the legs? For the first, maybe you can unhook the motor from the leg portion so it actuates but doesn't actually do anything. For the latter, it seems that all chairs are pretty similar, but with different materials. There might be a different kind of market for someone who is recovering from medical issues that maybe a doctor could recommend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.