AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I get some opinions regarding width for seating on a 106" wide room, 85" tv sitting 10' back? Would anything work straight or curved three wide or should I be looking more two wide? At that distance would I get any benefit getting curved seating or should I stick with straight?

Fusion Collection, 4seating, HTMarket and Octane are the sites I've checked out. Can't tell on Octane flex if those are 4-6" space between the back wall and seats. I would like the seats to have the 4-6" space saving option.

Thanks for any advise or help you can provide!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
@rsh, If you could chime in...when I look at the curved 1017 series in two, the seats don't look centered on the curve, it doesn't look that way on any other curved combination. Is it just how the style sheet appears on the site? It almost looks like I'd have to angle the seats more to the left to have them equal curved to the screen.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Peabody91,

Yes, it is just the way it is shown on the spec. You can rotate the set counter clock wise to make symmetrical. There is not much of a difference in terms of the width - very slight one.

To give you some comments on your original post.

Straight configuration may be more flexible - you can do IOIOIOI or IOOIIOI or IOIIOOI. It will also take less space.

The curved configuration cannot be reconfigured, but it will have wedges in between the chairs providing more "elbow sharing space". It will put the viewers in the outside chairs on a slight angle towards the center on the scree, but this will be functionally beneficial mostly for the large rows of seats - 4, 5, 6 and more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Just working with that width I need to decide if I can squeeze three seats or just stick with two. As someone who is 5' 10- 170 pounds, do you think the 1017 or 1019 would fit me better?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Both will work just fine. And as a matter of fact any of our style groups will work great for you.
If you do decide to get one of those, contact me, so I can check the inventory for a specific set(s)/cover/color.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Could I get some opinions regarding width for seating on a 106" wide room, 85" tv sitting 10' back? Would anything work straight or curved three wide or should I be looking more two wide? At that distance would I get any benefit getting curved seating or should I stick with straight?

Fusion Collection, 4seating, HTMarket and Octane are the sites I've checked out. Can't tell on Octane flex if those are 4-6" space between the back wall and seats. I would like the seats to have the 4-6" space saving option.

I think based on your space a row of 3 straight is your best best. As the reason to curve is not as profound with 3 seats. I have two styles Clark and Sheffield which curved that are close to your dims. Sheffield 102 curved and Clark 106.5 curved. They easily fit in your space straight as well.

I would look at those two styles as they are my best sellers with power headrest, clark has the power headrest and power lumbar as well.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

·
26,161 Posts

Before buying from 4seating, I would google and use the search engine here (or using 4seating.com + avs forum as your google search phrase).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts