AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. Just built my new house (pic attached of the theater/living room) and am looking for some advice of any things i might be missing for my setup. Here's what I have so far.

For the monitor I am going with the Sammy 5271. I plan on running all my components through the Onkyo 875, these include xbox 360 and DirectTV HD-DVR. Other than these basic items I can't seem to think of anything else I would need (except for speakers). Any thoughts?

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,197 Posts
It was hard to tell in the Pic what the prewiring consists of for the display. I hope that one of those boxes has a HDMI cable running to where your equipment will be.

Also did they prewire for surrounds?

You will need two RG6 coaxial runs to the outside for the Sat DVR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of that is done....one HDMI box and one electrical box in the middle. Room is prewired for surround.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks good. I would have run a conduit instead of just an hdmi cable. That way you can add stuff or take away stuff you dont need. Little too late for that though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't think about that....that's a good idea....i just figured with the Onkyo 875 all i would need going to the TV is a single HDMI cable.

·
Banned
776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyace /forum/post/12990195

Didn't think about that....that's a good idea....i just figured with the Onkyo 875 all i would need going to the TV is a single HDMI cable.

Until the next big video connection comes along in another oh..minute or two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah no doubt about that....in that case i'll just rip through the wall and add it...thanks for the help guys....i was hoping i had everything covered and now i feel better about it...appreciate it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts