AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a SR800 HTiB that I have enjoyed - but I would like a reciever that can take 4+ HDMI and convert sound with it.

I am looking at just upgrading the reciever only - and if that doesn't make sense maybe the entire HTiB/

Right now I am looking at the Denon Av 590 - any other recievers to consider? Will this reciever work fine with all my speakers?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
The 590 will work fine but it only has three HDMI inputs. Almost any receiver will work with those speakers so I wouldn’t be concerned about trying to mate them together. You can get ideas for other options from the receiver section.

Are you considering this upgrade for the convenience of HDMI or for sound performance? I can’t argue if you just want some newer features but that Onkyo receiver is decent. I think I’d upgrade the speakers first and I believe you’ll notice a bigger improvement than with HDMI audio…it’s the speakers that create sound after all.

Maybe start with the subwoofer or just replace the front three speakers and use the current Onkyo speakers as surrounds. …Just my opinion but you have a good base to upgrade with the SR800.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts