AVS Forum banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #221 (Edited)
finished!

not looking forward to installing the other set to make it 7.1

they are mounted at 135 deg since i do plan on mounting the bookshelf’s at 100-90 deg eventually but they will be extremely hard to run wire too

also in between the speakers on the awkwardly empty wall i took down the art we had, i’m ordering 4 large 2x3 acoustic panels wrapped in acoustically transparent fabric that have child portraits printed on them.
my house echos like crazy!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #222 (Edited)
replaced the dual infinity R12’s with dual SVS PC-2000 pro’s.....

MUCH better!

edit: also swapped out the rc252 center for the bigger rc263, a big difference in dialogue.

·
Registered
18,317 Posts
edit: also swapped out the rc252 center for the bigger rc263, a big difference in dialogue.
Were you having difficulty understanding dialogue with the RC252?

I would've expected the RC263 to just play bigger and lower due to the larger woofers and cabinet, but the tweeters being the same I would've expected similar voice clarity.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #224

I would've expected the RC263 to just play bigger and lower due to the larger woofers and cabinet, but the tweeters being the same I would've expected similar voice clarity.

not a big problem but i did have my center level bumped up 4db and still sometimes i noticed certain movies were harder to understand.

but the rc263 is noticeably more clear, yes it’s the same tweeter and just a bit larger woofers but it’s also a true 3 way vs a 2.5.
it has the additional 4” flat piston midrange woofer.

now the level set to -2.5db and those same movies that were not clear are much better.

almost positive it’s not placebo lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #225

who knows why.
i am new to this but i’ve read that others agree on the reference owners thread.

also i didn’t tell my wife i switched it...
my wife seriously didn’t even notice the much larger center haha

·
Registered
18,317 Posts
also i didn’t tell my wife i switched it...
my wife seriously didn’t even notice the much larger center haha
Hahaha, I would have done the same thing...and am 100% certain my wife wouldn't have noticed either!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
my next step is getting a mic and learning how to use REW to get some measurements and dial those subs in

221 - 229 of 229 Posts