AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reading all of the great posts in each forum I notice that there are alot of "How do I...?" posts. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a tutorial forum.

If AVS isn't interested in creating it, I would be more than willing to run an HT tutorial forum on my own server that would only be used for that purpose.

To give you an example of what I am referring to, let's say that I am installing GOM. There are a bunch of posts that cover that same topic, but require searching through numerous threads etc. I would like to have a series of tutorial that just deals with installing GOM. Those that have installed GOM and taken pictures etc can submit their tutorials for others to read in 1 area.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jeff, go for it. Make it real!

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
The HTF Faq has a lot of information. I think it's a great idea, just pick topics that haven't been covered yet (GOM install is one of them)!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't want the tutorial forum to be an FAQ as much as a step by step walkthrough on DIY projects. I wouldn't want to make yet another forum for everyone to monitor, but rather a single place to go to find instructions on stuff.

Good examples would be: Installing GOM, Building Columns, Building a DIY screen.

Also, that might be a good place to point back to threads that dicuss the same topics instead of trying to do a search.

·
Registered
916 Posts
More like Articles or Whitepapers, right? Sounds like a great idea!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
exactly

·
Registered
916 Posts
Check out the Tech Section on www.audiworld.com for some ideas on formatting, categorizing, etc... If you can get the webmasters here to do something similar, it would be cool. Articles can be submitted, edited(?) and approved. A sticky can be at the top of each forum with links to it's associated Articles.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For those who are interested... I'm in the process of putting this together.

If you are interested in turning your HT documentation/steps into a tutorial, let me know.

I expect the site to be up in the next few week, depending on the amount of time I can pry myself away from building my own HT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.