AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am setting up my Ht1000. I have a Fire hawk screen that measures 84" wide in 16:9. I will be setting up the NEC using a ceiling mount, but before I begin I would like to know if it is best to position the projector with the manual zoom in the down position, or have it fully set to wide in the up position. The reason why I'm asking this is because it will be better to mount the NEC further back, rather than closer to the firehawk. Will this effect the brightness of the picture in any way? If not I would have it set with the zoom in the down position to enable me to mount my projector in a more convenient position-(further back). Thank you :confused:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vgagamagone
The reason why I'm asking this is because it will be better to mount the NEC further back, rather than closer to the firehawk.
You do indeed want to mount the PJ as far back as possible.

Bill

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Typically you dont want to have the projector at either extreme of the throw distance, but you would typically want it at the farther end of the throw. Addtionally, for the firehawk, it also helps to be further away

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, if I mount the NEC at the farther end of the throw would the brightness stay the same as opposed to having it closer to the screen?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Brightness per unit area would indeed stay the same for the same image size, unless you had a room full of smoke!. Also, note that Stewart recommend a throw distance of at least 1.6 screen widths, as well as overhead projector mounting, as you are doing for the FireHawk, for best results.

Do keep us posted of the results

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.