AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Runco 750 that has served me for the last 8 years very well but i'm now ready for digital. I was about to go for it and order the HT1000 - but then I measured the distance from the ceiling to the top part (white) of my 100' electric drop down 4:3 screen. It's 13". I have a 10' ceiling. If I read the installation instructions correctly I will have to drop my screen about another foot. Is this correct? Is there a fix for this? It seems that NEC must have had the idea that most people would be placing this projector in a low coffee table in front of their couch. Any input you guys could give me would be much appreciated. I've been a fan of this forum for several mounts..

thanks

lance

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
The drop distance from the lens center to the top of your viewing surface is 12". Add to that 7.2" from the pipe mounting socket on the NEC ceiling mount and another about 2.5" for a ceiling pipe flange and the shortest nipple pipe. So the minimum you would need would be about 22" with no key stone correction. So you would need about another 9" in drop. Call NEC to see if the keystone adjustment could eliminate some or all of this 9" for you. Your screen probably has some extra drop built in that you are not using. Adjust the bottom stop on your screen roller to get the maximum. Most screens have 12" of drop available and the screen case (assuming your screen case is not in the ceiling but flush mounted would give you another 6 inches or so. You could always lower the casing a little and viola, you can get your 22". Good luck

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I played around with plumbing parts at the hardware store and the shortest drop I could get was with a 1 1/2 to 3/4 reducing bushing and short 3/4 nipple and 3/4 floor flange. This got me a bit less than 2" from the ceiling to the top of the mount.

MIKE

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Hi Mike,

I'm sure some people would like to see some pics if you haven't posted them somewhere already. :)

Gar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.