AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the actual gamma values associated with the three HT1000 gamma modes (Dynamic, Black Detail, and Natural)?

From some calibration work with SMART III, I believe Natural to be a gamma of approx 2.0, Black Detail to be around 1.6. I have not had time to measure the Dynamic gamma. I was expecting a gamma around 2.4 so both Natural and Black Detail seem low.

Thanks,

Wavy

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Try natural gamma and -2 on contrast enhance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Guy, but the contrast enchancement feature is not available for DVI or RGB which are the only two inputs I use.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had read Andrea's thread last fall an lost track of it. Although a great thread, it only brings up more questions. Mainly how do the gamma controls of the video source and the HT1000 interact? The more I think about this the more confused I am....

If both the video source and the display device are applying a gamma, the two gammas will mulitply. If a display device has a gamma of 2.0 and the video source has a gamma of 2.0 you would end up with a final gamma of 4.0 which seems like it would crush all the whites.

What am I missing?

·
Banned
3,477 Posts
Joel,

could you post your settings? I know each projector is different, but it will give a good starting point. Also what input are you using? Thanks in advance!

scott

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Projector settings

2/29/04 Hoya Daylite multicoat Flter

RGB input

Projector settings

B=3

C=120 (from TT)

Color Correction

R=-4