Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The Marantz S2 review and response to it got me thinking...

Is there any difference on the HT1000 to sending a component signal into the projector via the three RCA conectors versus the RGB input plug?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
There shouldn't be a difference (assuming the HT1000 allows component input on the VGA port with a VGA-to-BNC breakout cable...I haven't tried it). However, there is a possibility that you will not have access to sharpness settings through the VGA port, but I cannot verify that as "my" HT1000 is packed in a box for shipment back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
question for maxleung. my nose is bothering me. why are you sending back your ht1000.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I am sending it back because the rainbows still bother me. I'm really sensitive to them.

However, in the "Month with the HT1000" thread, I mentioned that my dealer was told that a batch of HT1000s had problems, and would be responsible for the effect (I asked for more clarification on this). I will try an exchange, provided I can return it for a refund or a different (LCD) projector if it still doesn't work out.

I did measure a wheel speed of 228 Hz (3.78x speed) using my CA-1 and a red filter. I assumed my CA-1 was inaccurate in measuring the refresh, but perhaps it was right all along, and my HT1000 was indeed defective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.