AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my HT1000 I have a custom setting (User 1) calibrated for DVI and a custom setting for RGB (User2). Is there a way to setup my custom user settings to be linked to a specific input type? Here's what I desire:

DVI linked to User1 -> for TT DVD

RGB linked to User2 -> for MyHD HDTV

This would be great if these can be linked together, currently I'm manually switching input types on the projector.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A universal remote with macros (I recommend the HTM mx-600) would clearly do what you want, but I doubt that the HT1000's remote can handle this for you.

I have a similar HT1000 setup to yours -- running DVI to a Bravo D1 DVD player, and just got a Samsung ts160 HD receiver. How is the HD picture quality using RGB? If there is no loss in PQ, I would rather use RGB than component (which is currently hooked up to XBOX). But before I go to the trouble of fishing a new VGA cable, I would like to know whether I will have serious picture degradation and should stick with component or DVI instead of RGB.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have my DVD setup for User 3 (component input) and TV setup for User 4 (S-Video). The HT1000 automatically switches between the User 3 / 4 depending on which video input I select along with the aspect ratio setting. I don't think I've made any special setting to make this happen.

Other owners, what do you get?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Nothing special needs to be done. The HT1000 remembers the last setting associated with each input - when you switch inputs the settings for that input become active.

The only time you run into a problem is using an external switcher - I have one DVI cable to my PJ and use the gefen external switcher to switch among DVI sources - thus I have to manually switch User modes that are calibrated by source.

When I used different connections for each source - no problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check to make sure when I switch from DVI(User1) to RGB that the RGB user setting is User2. I think I checked before and whether I switched from DVI or RGB, the User setting was always User1.

BTW, NEC is sending me a new projector. I reported a problem with 7, yes I said 7 stuck/dead pixels. The projector should be here in two days, NEC sent the new one today. While talking with the tech rep, he said my situation was very unique, never heard of seven dead pixles. Below is a shot of three of the dead pixels. My fingers are crossed for zero dead pixels on the new projector.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I'm at it, might as well show the fiber in the light path causing a smudge on dark scenes. This forum was very helpful, I learned to defocus the lens to identify the cause which I reported to NEC.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yikes ! It looks as if you got the worst of the litter, hopefully the new unit will get you right back to where you should have been from the start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.