AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago NEC replaced my lamp because the reflective coating surrounding the bulb had flaked off after less than 500 hours of use. The lack of reflective coating resulted in a loss of brightness. Yesterday I inspected the new lamp and discovered that the coating is already peeling away after only 180 hours of use (a photo is attached). Please check your lamp and let me know if this is normal.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
I have a November 2002 HT1000 with the original lamp, and the lamp is in pristine condition. Not even a hint of flakes or cracks in the reflective coating.

Econo mode - ceiling mount

Must be a hit or miss problem. I have heard it mentioned before, but not by many folks.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
At 700 hours, my bulb looks practically pristine. The reflector is shiny and the quartz envelope of the bulb is clear. Then again I'm running in economode so the bulb is probably as cool as possible.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Interested to know if you are running in "high" lamp mode.

I don't need to do this and also run the fan on high, as I find the additional noise still quite good.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I recently replaced my bulb which had 2000 hours on it and saw nothing like this. My new bulb only has bout 25 hours on it and nothing so far either.

BTW putting in a new bulb was like buying a new projector. I had no idea my HT1000 had gotten so dark. It looks great now!

Greg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I'm using the Eco lamp mode. There is plenty of air space surrounding the projector. And it does not appear to be overly hot. Looks like I'll have to ship to NEC for analysis / repair.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Sounds like something might be causing this in the unit, other than the lamp itself. To have 2 with the same problem is a little suspect. Definitely worth a trip into NEC to verify it is not a sign of something more serious.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got exactly the same problem. Although I had been owing my HT1000 for almost one year, I had been suffering this problem at the begining. Bad news for me is as this is my first projector and I use Firehawk, so I think the dimm image is because of the screen or maybe the setting. Until last week I got a chance to compare my projector with my friend's and finally knew it is a problem. I had sent my unit to NEC and they replaced my bulb and hope the problem is sloved. I will receive my projector tomorrow or the day after, will see how is everything going.

There is also an funny story regarding this bulb. Before I sent it back to NEC, actually there was one guy from an independant service centre. He took out my lamp and point the bad surface of my lamp and told me: see, this is the sign that showing the lamp had been used.

God help me.

tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.