AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an Nec Ht1000 with around 650hrs on the bulb, have owned it since Novemebr 02.. JUST recently I started noticing a "flicker" in the picture, like to bulb is going off for a 100th of a second (Very Brief).. Noticed it first a few days ago with just an occasional occurence. It seems to be getting worst and I am beginning to freak out.. Checked all the connections on the AV gear - Check.. Checked projector connection - check.. Turned off SAT receiver to see if it was the AV gear or the projector - still see the flicker when the blue screen is diplaying, intermittent every 1-3 seconds, sometimes in quick bursts.. SO, it is happening within the projector.. Powered it down, unplugged and waited a few minutes. Brough it back up and its still occuring...My home can be dusty.. Need help guys, cannot figure out whats happening and find it hard to believe the bulb might be going.. ????

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Have you tried reseating the bulb? Like, take out the bulb, then put it back in. Inspect for dust. If you see any, use compressed air (NOT the kind that uses a liquid...you will stain the bulb, and when it gets hot, may explode!).

Naturally, make sure the projector is off and has cooled down for an hour before doing this.

How many hours do you have on your bulb?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.