AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i know am pushing the title of this forum with the issues but here goes....

i've been given the greenlight for 5,000 total for my setup...

i really think that the ht1000 is well suited to my needs but my concern is rainbows... do people still see them with this unit? are they very noticeable... i've read all the posts concerning this topic and it seems, that for many people, they are not an issue with this unit... thanks

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
If you can believe everything that's said here then it would seem to be something that's dependant on the individual viewer.

(1) Some report that they apparently still see rainbow to an objectionable degree. (2) While others still see it but find it much less objectionable. And (3) still others no longer see it enough to matter at all making any further improvement unnecessary.

I fall somewhere in between 2 and 3 but leaning toward 3. With the HT1000 it's so infrequent for me now, and of such short duration when it does occur, that I no longer care about it. In other words, it no longer presents a distraction.

And that's coming from someone who could hardly stand what it looked like with the X1.

But again, it may be that your own two eyes are going to have to be the judge of that for you.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Some people (like me) are more susceptible than others to DLP issues like headaches, eye fatigue and "rainbows". If rainbow's were the only problem I think that would be livable for me.

You have to spend at least an hour or more with DLP to see if you and your viewers suffer from these things.

The HT1000 is a killer pj from all reports here and almost every owner loves it.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I am very sensetive to rainbows and I see them in all DLPS from the original color wheels to the new color wheels that have come out. I must say they the color wheels that have come out since the HD-1 chips have improved and I now see less and less of them. However, I still see them and I have seen them in the NEC. If the potential rainbows are a concern for you, I would recommend that you go check out any DLP you can find. Prefably something in a HT store or someone who personally has one. If you dont see it there, you probably wont see it on the NEC.

If you have any concerns, feel free in contacting me as do carry the NEC line

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
The HT1000 does have rainbows. But in my experience, you have to try to see them, such as via unnatural rapid eye movement. They can be the most easily seen with white type on a black back ground.

The HT1000 represents an improvement over earlier DLP projectors, but falls short of perfection.

Still, it is a good suggestion to audition the HT1000 before you buy.

Happy shopping

·
Registered
959 Posts
I see rainbows occasionally on my HT1K, but only with certain material and even then it happens so fast that I don't find it bothersome.

·
Registered
20,746 Posts
" I see rainbows occasionally on my HT1K, but only with certain material and even then it happens so fast that I don't find it bothersome " -

Same here. I saw them a bit more in the beginning, but they have mostly gone away and don't bother me at all. No guests watching videos have seen them, and my fiance and mom can't see 'em either.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I used to have a Davis DL450 and never saw any rainbows. Considered myself lucky. Bought the HT1000 and "welcome to the land of OZ!". To paraphrase Sixth Sense, "I see rainbows...". Mind you, I notice mostly in high contrast scenes, such as the last Star Trek movie or when credits roll by and especially when a bright object pans across the screen. While noticeable, I find myself subconsciencely ignoring it to the point it's getting less noticeable, but it's still there if I look for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.