AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on the 60hz fixed wheel? The HT1000 threads just dropped away like no-one cares about PAL...

Can anyone see the micro-stutter on PAL images?

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the German Forum two people just got their HT1000. They already watched several movies. They loved it and reported nothing about stuttering or tearing. In another thread someone reported there might be an updated firmware.

I'm going to take a look at an HT1000 as soon as one is available in the Netherlands.

Regards,

Thijs Post

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Hi Tinus,

did they say what their source was?

standalone dvd players or htpcs?

TIA

Gary.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it possible the HT1000 syncs to the mains AC frequency?

It's 50hz here in Belgium, and I believe it's 60 in the States?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I will report as soon as my unit arrives, maybe tomorrow, maybe friday. I'll be using HTPCs though, but i could hook up a svideo DVB sat receiver, sorry no stand alone dvd players, i'm htpc.it

Is the HT1000 firware upgradeable ?

bye

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello! Sweden here...

I had a HT1000 at my home last weekend and i had no problems what so ever with tearing... I have read in a Swedish forum that there is a updated firmware on the new HT1000 shipping now. BTW this is a great pj!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK so the tearing is gone.

How about "stutter" in panning images? Are pans smooth or is it shaky?

THanks

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
This sounds promising - now just need to know if the HTPC is still a viable source and to hope there's no stuttering - PAL at 60hz would normaly stutter, unless the DCDI can do some 3:2 pulldown for PAL....

I'd love to be able to use 72 and 75hz from htpc...

I wonder how much of a price drop we can expect in January? :)

Gary

·
Registered
803 Posts
Quote:
I'd love to be able to use 72 and 75hz from htpc...
I'm not 100% certain, but I doubt current DMDs could synch to those high vertical refresh rates. I believe 48 and 50Hz makes more sense at the moment.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi,

I think ShePearl is right. We found that the SIM2 HT300+ can do both (with some minor issues to solve at 48Hz) and the current NEC HT1000 cannot do it, i.e. via DVI/VGA, feeing it via YUV/S-Video is a different story!

The problem still is that the industry just won't believe how many people are out there who would like to use an HTPC to feed there high end DLPs. I'll report as soon as I find out with NEC/Germany whether they are willing to do a firmware update on the HT1000.

Regards

Christoph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.