AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
There are a number of cheap mounts but the best in my opininon was suggested a fellow avs forum member. It involved going to home depot and buying the straps, cheap and rated to hold upto 200+ pounds. THen screw a small strip of wood into the celing but before that, make sure the strap go through the that strip of wood and is screwed into the celing. Then just hang the projector, use the feet of the projector to stablize any wobbling. You are set for about $10.00. I have done the same mount with now issues.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I will have some pics of this mount that is engineered, and designed to work with the HT1000. I will have some completed pics next week when it is all finished. The mount fits all the NEC projectors exact.

Also since many X1 users were updating their projectors to one of the NEC lines I also have started to produce the wall mount version for the NEC chassis as well. You can see this mount by looking for DIY X1 mount.

The plates are cut with cnc laser machine machine... 14 gauge cold rolled steel. The knee joints are cnc machined and drilled. The finish is Powder Coated.

The newer ceiling mount version is a aluminum/zinc casting. Zinc added for strenght. Strength required to withstand the force of the heavy press required to compress and turn the steel spring which resides on a stainless steel ball. The projector simply gets threaded onto the mounting plate in the holes provided, which are also cut exact with the cnc laser at the same time the plates get cut. Once mounted you can move dynamically the projector on any axis. No tools required and the tension on the spring keeps it in place. For now I am powder coating this mount Black. If the demand is there I may go to a blue color... Blue is the hardest hue to match. There is a hole to feed cables through. The tension on the spring is perfect... zero movement or shifting,,, and easy to adjust.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
This one can be used on a wall... or ceiling.

Wall ....

diagonal adjustment is at the lock nut on the wall/ceiling plate.

vertical adjustment is on the Stainless steel nyloc bolt and nut.

horizontal adjustment is on the lock nut on the projector plate.

5/8 solid steel ... cnc machined and drilled

14ga steel on the plates precision laser cut including the holes by a cnc laser cutter

Powder Coat finished...

You will note that in the pic I have the projector plate in black and the other assembly in grey... this was to hilight the pieces in the pic... The black is Hummer black... same as the rocker panels on the Hummer by the same company that does the Hummer and also Honda parts.

Very easy assembly ....

Ceiling

Can be utilized on ceiling applications. No problem just as flexible.

Also can swap out knee joint pieces to get different drop distances.

Will have popular models to swap out the projector plate.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Here is another design strictly for ceiling applications.

This is a zinc/aluminum casting.. Zinc added for strength to sustain the pressure of driving down a heavy spring that maintains constant pressure on a steel ball.

Zero mechanical adjustments.. point it ...leave it. done... The size of the steel spring and the amount of spring holding the steel ball into position will not slip or move once in position.

Spring is set using a press and a special tool to turn it and lock it into the casting.

There is a hole port for running cables through as well as a cutout groove for running electrical wire through at the base.

Plate is again cnc laser cut... and bent using a brake..

Powder coated as well.

4" drop to the projector.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Here is a pic with the Wall mount with a modified short knee joint.

Also can do the same type of swap with longer drops.

Drops are 4.5" , 10", and 15.5 " standard.

Really trying to decide on the color... I like the Hummer black.. for technical reasons.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Works fine for the HT1000 and Davis DLS8 I had before.

Should work fine for most digital projectors, especialy over the small area they're supporting. It's cheap and easy to cut/drill etc. :)

If 6mm doesn't seem adequate for a heavier pj, then 12 or 18mm can be used.

Gary.

·
Registered
JVC RS500U, 2.35:1 125" screen, Marantz AV7705, 11.2 Def Tech speakers, Sunfire Theater Grand 400x7
3,269 Posts
I'm using the Peerless universal mount. I bought it for my first PJ and only have to buy a mounting plate for any new PJ that I upgrade to, if it calls for it. Going from a Sony to Hitachi to NEC required new adapter mounts but no the ceiling mount, bar, or universal ball joint mechanism. About $150 for initial investment and then about $70 for any new PJs. YMMV, but I like it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I also went the Peerless route. I bought it a couple of years ago for the LT150. You could remove the pj from the ceiling plate as I needed the pj to also serve for business presentations. This ceiling plate seemed to be the common piece for all nec models, so I ordered the mounting plate for the HT1000, assuming it would just slide in. Well it doesn't!....it's not the same portable type style mounting plate. It looks like it is designed for a more permanent installation....But....all I had to do was drill 1 hole in the old mounting plate, and bolt the old with the new, then slide it into the ceiling plate. Perfect!!! Having the WAF to content with, I went this route as it IS a pretty clean looking installation. It does cost quite a bit, especially for me being a DIY'er.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.