AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read on a swedish forum that a swedish dealer just got a HT1000 which was supposed to have a fixed firmware. The poster couldn't see the tearing on PAL but he also wrote he hadn't seen the bug before so he didn't know what to look for. I hope there really is a new firmware now that fixes it.

There's something about color wheels and refresh-rates that has been bugging me though. How can a DLP-projector display a 50Hz refresh-rate without tearing if the color wheel is in phase with 60Hz? The color wheel must be going slower with PAL-material. Does this also mean that if I run a HTPC at 75Hz the color wheel will run faster to match the refresh-rate?

Tor Arne

·
Registered
755 Posts
Depends on the projector. Some have variable speed colour wheels, which slow down or speed up depending on the incoming refresh rate. Others are locked to 60Hz, but if the frames are buffered properly you shouldn't see tearing (but you will see judder from the frame rate conversion).

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hello,

a reputated german dealer gave me an information that the internat rate of the HT1000 is fixed to 60Hz.

When you change the frequency the speed of the color wheel is not changed. So at the moment you'll have micro stutter with PAL DVD's.

For me this would be a deal killer :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well, I guess I'll have to use a HTPC for DVD playback. However, this issue needs to be resolved if the Nec is to appeal to the greater mass!

I have also read that there are some ways around this problem. I will try the various solutions when I get the unit next week and post the findings...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.