AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching a movie last night, I decided to listen to a couple of DVD-A's and SACD discs. While sending commands to my DVD player I noticed the HT1000 was clicking like it was trying to turn itself on. Further testing indicated the HT1000 was responding to ANY command sent by the DVD remote.

On occasion in the past, I have had a single command from one remote activate another device, but never a device that would respond to any IR command from another remote. I use a IR repeater sold by Radio Shack, two plastic pyramids, one that receives another that retransmits the IR command.

I wonder if any other HT1000 owners have noticed the same thing.

I'm going to do some additional testing tonight to see if the HT1000 responds to other IR remotes I have.

Thanks,

MIKE

·
Registered
784 Posts
Same thing here. There is a relay that is picking up on receipt of any IR command. However, nothing on the PJ itself actually does anything until it receives its own IR codes.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder is this is fixable via a software upgrade. If this relay trips every time I send an IR command how long is this relay going to last?

I may give NEC a call on Friday to see if they are aware of the problem and have a solution. If they do, I'll post it here.

MIKE

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
what brand of remotes\\players are these? maybe their is a common brand...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The DVD is a Pioneer 45A and the pre/pro is an Outlaw 950.

I called NEC tech support. The guy I talked to said I should talk to my installer. I told him I was my installer and have discussed the issue at length, with no solution. The "real" tech guys were tied up and he suggested I e-mail them the question, which I did. Presumably NEC will try this on some of their own HT1000's to see if the problem is universal or is limited to a few machines. I live about 2 1/2 hours away from NEC's headquarters in the Chicago 'burbs and could always take the thing in for them to look at if this is an isolated problem.

No reply to my e-mail yet, but I will post any comments NEC has.

MIKE

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've got the same issue!! This is bad pre-testing, NEC!! Every time I change channel, the unit clicks. Really annoying!

I also hope a future software release will fix this bug... Can the projector be plugged in via my normal network? I read something about this in the manual, but can't seem to spot the Ethernet input...

·
Banned
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Eivind Lygren
Can the projector be plugged in via my normal network? I read something about this in the manual, but can't seem to spot the Ethernet input...
You have to put a pcmcia network card in the pc card slot in order to set up networking.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I included a link to this thread in my e-mail to NEC. Hopefully my e-mail triggered a flury of activity up at NEC's headquarters. On the other hand, it is Friday afternoon in the USA and I probably shouldn't expect NEC's people to be working any harder on a Friday afternoon than I am.

I'm sure this is a fixable problem, the question will be whether it is fixable by a user installed firmware upgrade or whether the unit will have to go back to NEC.

MIKE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.