Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am going to buy the HT1000 and I'm trying to figure out how to set up my screen for this unit. If you want to display 4:3 (for football) and 16:9 (for movies and HDTV), what screen configuration should be used? Do any of you switch from one aspect ratio to the other? You don't have to move the projector, do you? I plan on using black velvet curtains on a manual curtain mechanism to "frame out" whatever picture I'm watching, I'm just not sure about the screen issues. I'm figuring on a 110" diagonal for 16:9, which would make my screen height 54" and my screen width 96". If I keep the same screen height of 54" for 4:3, then my width would be 72" with a 90" diagonal. Correct? Can I switch back and forth between 16:9 and 4:3 only using the zoom adjustment and moving some curtains??? This will be my first FP, so please pardon the ignorance... your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
3,477 Posts
the 4:3 is auto displayed in the middle of the 16:9, so what you are planning is correct if you get a 16:9 screen. You can then use your curtains to mask the sides of the screen for 4:3

S

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So will the height of the 4:3 image be the same as the height of the 16:9 image, or will I need "masking" on the top and bottom?

Projector Central said this about the HT1000, which is why I'm a little confused...

"This is a standard 4:3 native format XGA projector, which means it has a pixel matrix of 1024 x 768. It produces a 16:9 image in a pixel matrix of 1024x576, with black bars falling at the top and bottom of the image in the 4:3 display. It can certainly be used as a 16:9 projector with a 16:9 screen, where the black bars fall off the top and bottom of the screen. Many users are concerned with the potential distraction of light spill in the black bars with this type of set up. We found that due to the exceptional black levels, the light spill is about as minimal as it gets on a digital projector."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.