AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an Nec Ht1000 with around 650hrs on the bulb, have owned it since Novemebr 02.. JUST recently I started noticing a "flicker" in the picture, like to bulb is going off for a 100th of a second (Very Brief).. Noticed it first a few days ago with just an occasional occurence. It seems to be getting worst and I am beginning to freak out.. Checked all the connections on the AV gear - Check.. Checked projector connection - check.. Turned off SAT receiver to see if it was the AV gear or the projector - still see the flicker when the blue screen is diplaying, intermittent every 1-3 seconds, sometimes in quick bursts.. SO, it is happening within the projector.. Powered it down, unplugged and waited a few minutes. Brough it back up and its still occuring...My home can be dusty.. Need help guys, cannot figure out whats happening and find it hard to believe the bulb might be going.. ????

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Most likely it's just the bulb going bad. You could try reseating it. See if you can get the bulb covered with the warranty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured I would take it down tomorrow and remove the bulb, blow it clean with some compressed air and put it back together.. Do you think they would cover the bulb with so many hours? Cheers!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Relax. :) You posted 3 threads on this.

The manual says the lamp is warrantied for 1000 hours or 6 months, whichever comes first. The projector is warrantied for two years.

Look on the bright side: you'll probably get a free lamp with 0 hours. My lamp blew after 20 hours and they had a new one in my hands by 8 am the next morning. NEC's support is good.

-Dylan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried resetting.. took the bulb out, cleaned(not really dusty but I did notice a TON of dust built up on the fan blades that you see when the bulb is removed). Problem here is that you cannot used compressed air to clean the fan blades with the bulb removed. With it removed the light engine is no longer sealed and the dust could make its way into the openings near the color wheel if you start blowing blasts of air in there. Need ideas here. Anyway, called NEC hoping they would say "oh ya, sounds like the bulb is going, no problem a new one is on the way".. no such luck. I need to unmount it from the ceiling, pack it up, send it in, wait 1-2 weeks to have it checked out, get it back, re-mount, re-calculate all the settings that I am SURE will be reset. Asked them to make sure they clean the light path as I have a few contaminants in the picture and also asked them to update the firmware (that they said was un-neccessary). Thoughts?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jbowers
Problem here is that you cannot used compressed air to clean the fan blades with the bulb removed. With it removed the light engine is no longer sealed and the dust could make its way into the openings near the color wheel if you start blowing blasts of air in there.
I peeked inside when the bulb was removed and I got impression that there is a small gap between the color wheel and the bulb always. I saw exploded diagram of HT1000 and it looks like only chamber where DMD is located is sealed. The color wheel and the light tunnel seem to be open all the time. When you look at the bulb you see that front glass is much bigger than opening where color wheel is located. Also there is no gasket or anything.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jbowers
no such luck. I need to unmount it from the ceiling, pack it up, send it in, wait 1-2 weeks to have it checked out, get it back, re-mount, re-calculate all the settings that I am SURE will be reset.
I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I've had two warranty issues on mine. First the bulb blew and they sent me a new bulb next day. Then I had a pixel go dead and they shipped me a new projector next day. I assumed that was standard procedure.

-Dylan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.