Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I thought I'd offer up this thread to those who are curious about those projectors:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show...threadid=303605

I've been getting lots of questions about the 5700 and screens, so I tried to answer that definitively in that thread. I encourage any and all who participated in the shootout to place their own honest impressions of what they saw in the above thread, to keep them all under one heading.

The thread has been started on the $5000+ board, even though four of the projectors street for less than $5000.

THANKS!!!

JOHN

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 1HD looked pretty good, considering that it went up against projectors many times its price. Unfortunately, we only got around to it around 10:30 pm (this thing went on until midnight, starting at 7:30!) and about half of the participants had left at that point. I started out with the projectors that most people expressed interest in.

Compared to the X-1, I thought it had a considerably brighter, sharper, more colorful image. On the downside, it did have a bit more screendoor than the X-1. What amazed me was that it filled the 119" screen without a problem. HD looked pretty impressive on it as well, but there were some scaling artifacts.

Hopefully some of the other people that were there will post their comments.

JOHN

·
Registered
318 Posts
good to know this. thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.