AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you Michiganders, where can I DEMO the HT1000? I can't find any HT shops that have it.

CDP

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Given the very low street prices (butting very close to dealer cost) for this machine it is unlikely that more than a few would demo it. You would have to sell an awful lot of these things to recoup the cost of a demo. If it were not for the NEC to dealer rebate, it would make little sense for a dealer to sell this machine, good that it is.

·
Registered
348 Posts
what part of michigan are you in?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
By the way, what are the current street prices on the NEC HT1000? Also, will they go down further after the first of the year when some sort of rebate is due to begin?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I meant to say was that I would like to know where in Michigan I can see this machine for myself. I have been to several places in Bloomfield Hills, Rochester and Troy, but they do not have the HT1000 to view.

CDP

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is Michigan the only state in the US that has no NEC HT1000 in any if it's Home Theater specialty stores?

:confused: CDP

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi!

I´m from Sweden but visiting the Detroit area over Christmas and new year. Are there any interesting Home Theater stores in that area that i should visit during my stay?

Sorry if this is OT... :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
In Rochester Michigan, north of Detroit there is Audio Video System. Last time I was there, they had a bunch of plasmas on display and AE100 and a Hitachi projector (can't remember which one).

On Woodward in Birmingham/Royal Oak, you have 3 stores showing AV equipment - the Gramaphone, Audio Video Alternatives and Alma's.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Got one more for you. It is a couple of miles (a few kilometers):) from The store in Rochester - Pecar's - on Rochester Rd. in Troy. They have the Sharp 9000 and a couple of other brands too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Ralph and thank´s a lot for your info on HT stores over there!!! :) And thank´s for translating the distance in to our metric system :D Why can´t we all have the same system?? The metric system that is... ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have no problem with that. Except for Golf. Golf distances should always be in yards!

Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
One other consideration...Ensemble in West Bloomfield just had a change in ownership..now Tiffany House??? If interested, I know they've just set up an Infocus 7200 in one of their HT Demo Rooms. Don't know if they're NEC dealers or not.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HEY GUYS THANKS FOR ALL THE LOCATIONS. BUT, I HAVE BEEN TO AUDIO VISUAL SYSTEMS, AUDIO VISUAL ALTERNATIVES, ALMA'S, THE GRAMAPHONE AND PECARD'S WITH NO SIGN OF THE HT1000. I GUESS THESE HT LOCATIONS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL GRADE PROJECTORS LIKE THE HT1000. I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS A HT PROJECTOR FROM THE INFO ON THE FORUM. I WILL CONTINUE MY SEARCH, I HOPE ALL YOU MICHIGANDERS OUT THERE WILL DO THE SAME AND LET ME KNOW IF AND WHEN YOU SPOT ONE.

CDP:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ralphjb

Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay.
Thank´s a lot!!:)

Quote:
Originally posted by gene4ht

One other consideration...Ensemble in West Bloomfield just had a change in ownership..now Tiffany House??? If interested, I know they've just set up an Infocus 7200 in one of their HT Demo Rooms. Don't know if they're NEC dealers or not.
Hey! This is great!! I have just sold my Sony VW10 and are locking for a replacement. I have had the HT1000 at my home and i was impressed! But all the great words about the 7200 have made me very interested i that PJ. I am also considering the Marantz but i think i will have to go to Stockholm/Sweden for a demo on that PJ.

Thank´s for your information!!! :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sorry CDP, but I do not think any dealers in Michigan have this projector yet. Frankly none of these dealers have the newest models from what I have seen. Going to these retailers is like stepping back in time to the projectors that were hot 18 months ago. Not even NEC could give me a local dealer to visit. The other problem is that this projector is in short supply right now. I bought mine from a dealer out of state.

Good luck!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ralphjb, thanks for your help with the HT1000. If you hear of any HT store that does get it in the future please let me know. I really would like to see it in action, I don't like to purchase anything, especially a $4000.00+ item without seeing it first.

CDP

·
Registered
396 Posts
CDP:

keep me in mind when finding a dealer in michigan with the HT1000. I've love to demo it, heck just find a good authorized dealer to purchase it. I'm in troy and also checked all the places you've mentioned and nothing to be found.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.