Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Textf>

first post. new theater. my HT room is 27x18 feet. Total darkness any time of day. Screen size to be 10ft. I am spending approx 10k on sound. Considering Sony 10HT or Seleco HT200. I have read many posts over last couple of weeks. I don't pretend to understand the jargon nor technical information. I don't know what rainbow is so I don't know if I will be sensitive to it. I would prefer to avoid both rainbow and screen door to reasonable extent. Will be used for DVD (no unit purchased yet and hoping for suggestions). Price for HT200 is 9k and 10ht is about 3500 both to be locally purchased so warranty and setup will be readily available. Is HT200 worth the cost difference? Any opinions appreciated.

------------------

pjay

·
Registered
634 Posts
Wow, interesting choices. I've spent a lot of time with the 10HT and some time with the original 200 (the standard 800x600 version). I haven't seen the newer 200. Which one are you talking about?

For HDTV, I'd pick the 10HT in a second because of more brightness and better resolution, not to mention the price difference...However, the Seleco is much better for grey level and screen door, both of which are not very good on the Sony. The remote on the Sony is much more user friendly and you can access its service menu for fine tuning. Both are good units with significant weak points. Overall, for DVD, I prefer the Seleco on an 8' Greyhawk. For a 10' screen, I'd be wary of the Seleco. You really need to see them both on a large screen. When you throw cost into the equation, the Sony is a better deal. Frankly, for a screen that size, I'd look for a projector with more outout.

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
PC Jay,

Take a look at the thread called "Bigger is Better" currently running here for another option to think about...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sam, Sorry about the 3500 price. It is actually $4275.

Reg. price of 6000 minus 300 Sony rebate and then 25% Preferred customer discount when they mail out notice. When I typed 3500 it was the result of looking at too many products in too short of time. I apparently deducted the 25% twice. Not sure when the notice will be but salesperson indicated soon. I have intentionally left the name of the retailer off of the post. I am not real sure of the rules and I don't want to step on the toes of our gracious host.

Steve and Milori, Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The $300 Mail In Rebate expired on 7/30/01 from all indications. If you have new info please let me know. Also how do you get the other 25% off? I want to buy one of these as well. Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.