AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone lives in Manhattan and would like to see what an HT200, ISCO II, Greyhawk and Radeon look like I'd be more than happy to have some people over sometime next week. I also know fellow member "evillager" has an HT250, Greyhawk, and a Vigatec - I don't want to speak for him but it would be good for potential buyers to see both if possible.

Post here if you're interested =)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Sounds great! I'm sending you e-mail.

Mike

[This message has been edited by mflaster (edited 05-24-2001).]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Count me in! I would be happy to return the favor and show the interested folks what the Sony 10HT looks like. It's currently going against a wall, and I hope to have it calibrated as well as I can by doing it myself.

------------------

Brian

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am interested as well. I have a DL 450 clone running with a RKR Cassini but I would like to see what a Projector ilke your would look like not to mention the GrayHawk and the radeon

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! Lots of interest...

I'm thinking of either Tuesday night or Wednesday night. I only have room for about 5 or 6 people but I could split two nights if needed. Any preferences?

Oh yeah-

Not to rush, but I'll only have about a couple hours to show the system...plus any ideas on reference discs you want to use?

[This message has been edited by Peter Kang (edited 05-24-2001).]

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I would also love to see your setup. I am near the end of an apartment renovation complete with a media room. I already bought a 80 x 45 grayhawk electriscreen (from AVS of course). I haven't decided on the projector yet, but I already have a setup behind the back wall for it. I have been leaning toward D-ILA, but I am waiting until the room is ready to use before I buy since it seems like there's a new projector every week to consider.

When I have my home theater completed, I'll also be happy to return the favor and have a screening.

Alan

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tuesday is a bit better for me.

------------------

Brian

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Either day should be fine for me.

Mike

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tuesday night it is. We will have start somewhat late because I have floor to ceiling windows that face the southwest and the sunsets can be a real drag =)

I'm thinking if we start around 8:30 ish we should be fine (the blinds don't take out all the ambient light)

I'm interested in hearing from you how my projector looks compared to the newer ones popping up everywhere...including the newer HT200DM. As I paid around half of the suggested retail for my HT200 it will be a good comparison to see if the newer one is worth more. Also, I can clearly see rainbow on my HT200 but it isn't severe and doesn't distract the movie watching experience.

I am using WinDVD as I haven't ventured yet with the ATI player and now is not a good time seeing as others are coming over =) I also haven't spent much time calibrating, I just moved into my apartment two weeks ago. I'll try and calibrate the best I can over the weekend.

I'll email everyone privately with directions and time confirmation. See you soon!

[This message has been edited by Peter Kang (edited 05-25-2001).]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also, if needed, I can drive into the city and give someone a lift home if they live in Northern New Jersey.

Brian

------------------

Brian

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry for the delay, but I have been hanging out in the Video Processor Forum lately as my Vigatec recently arrived. Here's my setup:

Toshiba SD-6200 DVD

RCA DTC-100

Vigatec GVC-1280

Seleco HT 250

Greyhawk 108" Diagonal Screen

Motorized Blackout Shades so demos are available during the day as well as night.

My system's biggest handicap is definitely me. I am a hobbyist and the extent of my calibration is the basic video test patterns in Avia.

I am still waiting for my Panamorph that I preordered.

I would be willing to have memebers over, however I leave for Las Vegas Tuesday evening.

I live in the East Village.

If anyone knows how to set greyscale tracking, and is willing to help tweak my system, they are more than welcome to come play with the Seleco and Vigatec. i guess I am afraid that although I think my image is spectacular, I have not compared it to many other setups, and probably don't have it tweaked to its fullest. i would hate for any of you to be mislead into not purchasing any of the products i own because of cockpit error. Especially on a forum like this, I would hate to see a review go around based on my setup and have someone in Iowa make a buying decision based on my setup.

So, with the condidtion that you either take the demo with a grain of salt, or better yet, help me tweak my system, you are welcome for a demo.

Please eamil me at [email protected], and I will set up a demo. I can comfortably seat 5-7 people and early evening around 4-6 is the best time for me. Possible days are either today, possibly this weekend (weather dependant) or the week after next, anyday. Like I said, email me if interested, and those willing and experienced in tweaking systems, especially the products mentioned above, are welcome first. Look forward to meeting members. -Ari

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.