AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using the HT300 with the optional 'Remote Input Interface'? Do the two use a digital connection?

Filip

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Filip,

Greetings from Mechelen, not so far from you. There not so much Belgium HT people on this forum and even less with the HT300.

About your question : The remote interface was introduced with the HT200 and is giving you a lot of extra connection-possibilities. It's a box with all the connections that you place near your audio- and video sources and a 10 meter long cable to connect this box with your projector.

The cable itself is not a digital cable.

Pictures of the box and the cable, you can find on the website www.kinozuhause.de/prd_remote.html

For me this is an ideal solution if you have to connect your projector with your video-sources and you need 10 meter cables (or almost). If you need to connect them (component, s-video,composite, computer) and you use quality cable, the RI will cost you less and you have, as a plus, twice as much connectors (2 x s-video, 2 x component...).

If you buy the RI together with your projector, you get a better price, then when you buy it separately. (at least with my distributor)

So, I hope this helps. I've recently read some other treads in this forum about the remote interface, if you do a search, you certainly will find it.

Greetings from Belgium,

Marc Bosmans
www.adynco.com (HomeCinema Center)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Marc,

It sure helps. I was first considering the Marantz Vp12S1 because there is very decent dealer in town (with very good prices) but it seems the HT300 is recommended over the marantz (seems to have a lot problems).

When I get a HT300, I'll also get the RII because the player and receiver are in front of the room and the projector would obviously be in the back of the room.

I idea what the local prices (in Belgium) are? Via email would be fine.

Filip
[email protected]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Marc, what kind of picture quality loss -- if any -- are you seeing with the RII compared with using high quality component cable?

Tom

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello Tom,

I maybe gave the wrong impression. I'm a dealer and have the HT300 in demo, but without the remote interface. I just wanted to make clear which are the advantages of this remote interface. I THINK the image quality of the RI or good component cables will be the same. I don't think it's usefull to buy the RI for that reason.

greetings,

Marc Bosmans

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi everyone,

the RI2 uses an EVC connector/cable which was esp. designed to bridge larger distances without any quality loss. Therefore you will hardly see any decrease in picture quality using the 10m EVC cable that *I think* comes together with the RI2. Certainly a very handy thing to keep your living room tidy in case you plan to set up your home theater there ;)

Regards

Christoph

PS: Marc, didn't we meet in Simmern/SW-Germany last year? How are you?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hi Filip,

Why don't you consider the Sharp XV-Z9000E?

Hello Marc!

I just went to your website.

You are still advertising the Sony's LCDs?

You are still advertising the Sharp PG-M15S despite its optical "halo" problem we discovered together?

I'm surprised you don't advertise the Sharp XV-Z9000E! Don't you have one in demo side by side with the HT300? :)

And about the HT300, did the distributor replace your demo model with its dead pixel? What is its policy on such problem?

Thank you very much,

Carlos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.