AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are published (official or unofficial) response curves of the Home Theater Direct Level 3 speakers? I have some coming on friday and will be taking my own measurements but there must be some graphs on the internets somewhere?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldKumar /forum/post/0

Does anyone know if there are published (official or unofficial) response curves of the Home Theater Direct Level 3 speakers? I have some coming on friday and will be taking my own measurements but there must be some graphs on the internets somewhere?

Nope HTD doesent publish measurements,and as far as know I only Luis took a few measurements.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I hope to start taking "better" measurements soon but for that I want to make sure the SPL meter is decently calibrated... or maybe the the Behringer 8000 mic.

As soon as I do, I will start adding graphs to the reviews even though it wont mean much since it will be my room's but since they all will be in the same place, at least there will be a point of reference.

In reality, adding a calibrated mic is somethng I want to do to improve the sound and acoustics of my room but since I am going to have it then I may as well use it for adding graphs to the reviews.

Regards

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks guys. I've got an in-house speaker shootout coming up next week. I'll be comparing the HTD Level 3s, some Def-tech ProMonitor 1000s, my old Speakerlab 1s and one other ID speaker, maybe x-ls. I've already listened to the def-techs and found them enjoyable but a little thin on male vocal.

I will be doing measurements (my room) on all.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Do you have the Level 3 towers?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luis:

I ordered the bookshelfs and a center. As it is these are probably bigger than I want. My theater screen eats up most of my front wall so the bookshelves allow me to place under screen. Less than optimal but 'm u s t h a v e b i g s c r e e n'

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Got ya! lol

Try to audition the X-CS as well, I have grown to like that speaker a lot, in fact in my last comparison (just did it this Sunday) I found the X-CS to have a more pleasent mid range than the HTD center. The HTD still has the upper hand in airy highs and lower bass capability but overall in many of the songs I played, the X-CS got the nod from me.

What has changed from my previous review...nothing really. My ears could be getting better...maybe the Strata Minis are refining my hearing.

Now, the difference is still not enough to say one is way better than the other. I will still urge people to try both. The HTD also has a wider soundstage and its more laidback than the X-CS.

I tried them both yesterday side by side (just one speaker of each) in the center of the room and each seem to have something the other lacks. Its a toss up but somehow my preference shifted to the x-cs in more songs than it did for the HTD.

Now, the HTD tower is another animal and at its price range I still need to hear something that matches it. In my short list there are Rockets and the 340s. I am sure both will be superb competition.

Keep up posted!

Regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.