Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am purchasing a panasonic TH50PX50U plasma hdtv. I am looking for a surround sound for a room that is 19x22 with 9' ceilings. I also want to run 2 speakers into the family room from this system as well as 2 outdoor speakers. I am only looking for surround to watch tv/dvd (I will need dvd player with this system) and play cd or wife's ipod (which she is addicted to). I want to be able to have music played on the outside and family room speakers while tv is watched in the tv room. We are not very critical, just want a system that sounds good and will work well while entertaining.

I have no idea what to get, was thinking about a HTIB similar to H/K 35 because I need something simple to install and easy to use while also needing the components to be on the smaller/stylish size and wall mounted. Looking to spend $1000-1500

Any suggestions ? I appreciate your help

·
Registered
763 Posts
Denon has two new systems coming out S 101 and S 301 that fit your price and other requirements I think.

They are brand new (the S 301 I think is not out until September).

Anyway hope this helps

Chuck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated! I checked online and these systems look pretty good for my needs.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Thats a large room, and the other room feature you are looking for is "Mulit-zone" capability. Your application is beyond the capabilities of most HTIBs.

I recommend a Pioneer VSX-1015 receiver which has multi-zone and room correction circuitry. It also has the power needed for this application.

I would look at larger speakers, with a large center channel speaker for the big room.

HTD level 2s are a good budget choice.
http://www.htd.com/levtwospeak.html

Also Athenas and Infinitys are a good budget choice.

That room needs at least a 200 Watt RMS subwoofer.

********** has a real nice 350 RMS subwoofer for around $400

I would seriously look at the speaker forum, and pick the right components for your application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.