AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a home theater system. I am new to this and i've been researching online, but i'm so lost in what i need. I just bought a 56" DLP samsung tv. I would be watching movies, PS3 and a little bit of music. Medium size room. I don't need a reciever/dvd combo, so just hte reciever would do. My question is should i buy a HTIB or pieces? I can put 3-400 towards it now. I just dont know what direction to go in. What brand should I look towards for just a reiciver? I have a Technics reciever now, just don't know if it's decent or get a new one. Any help would be great.

thanks kevin

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Is the Technics a stereo receiver or 5.1?

Anyway, $400 is hard to do separates, as decent receivers, subs, and speaker packages really start to add up, but you could get a receiver and two speakers for a stereo setup at first and add the others later. Also depends on what type of receiver you want (i.e., HDMI audio for TrueHD, 7.1, etc.)

If you can swing it, separates are better, but for your budget you'd have to start with just a few pieces and build from there later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry i left out that i have speakers now. I am not sure i friend gave it to I would just be up grading as i go. Just not sure what i would be looking at for a reciever. I mean I want something 5.1, but other than that...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now i have a technics SA-AX910 5.1 and a pioneer VSX-604s 5.1. Which would should i go with, or should i upgrade to something else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts