AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Samsung 75” QN900B | Samsung 65" S95B OLED | Samsung Q990B Soundbar | Panasonic UB820
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to add a speaker system setup to my new samsung 1080p DLP tv set. I would like to connect it to my xbox 360, 8300hd cable box, and also with a dvd player down the road. From what i read, the logitech system would provide me with superior sound quality to anything in its price range but would i be able to connect everything to it? My DLP tv has 2 HDMI inputs and digital audio out. The logitech speaker system has 1 digital optical, 1 digital coax and 3 analog red/white inputs. After i connect my cable box and dvd player to each hdmi inputs on my tv, then can i just connect my digital audio out from the tv and the xbox 360 to each of the 2 digital inputs on the speaker system? Will this give me the same results, or should i go for an htib setup instead. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would advise against the logitech. It is made for the computer market, with no real ability to upgrade. For the many different kinds of input necessary in a home theater, you need a flexible central receiver. Go with the HTiB, you can always upgrade speakers later on for superior quality.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
few week back I was doing the same debate but I ended up getting a HTIB and I think a made a very wise choice. Even though I love logitech speakers (I own Z560) but for HT setup they are not good because of the lack of connectivity options.

HTIB (without DVD) would be the best option for you, for now and for future upgrades.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.