AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was doing some research and looking for a budget Home Theater setup. I have a panny pz80 and a samsung bd-p1400 to hook up to my audio.

Heres what I am deciding between...

The Samsung HT-AS720 or an Onkyo TX-SR606 paired with Onkyo SKS-HT540 speakers. The difference is about $200 but this is pretty much my budget (~$650).

Any other suggestions would be great but I would love to hear your reasons on WHY you would pick whichever solution. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
My personal opinion would be to go with Onkyo. I have the 605 model and love it.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
The Onkyo by far imo is the better choice. The Onkyo receiver in comparison is a better choice in every aspect. Connections options-which are limited on the Sammy, more HDMI inputs, component inputs, more digital inputs and the list goes on. Plus the Onkyo will have better amps for a cleaner signal and more dynamic peaks. The extra power(forget about specs) will also be able to drive larger less efficient speakers better if you should ever decide to upgrade down the road.

Both speaker packages will be comparable, the difference is the power and connection options between receivers, you can always upgrade the speakers later if you wish and the Onkyo is much more suited for that as well as any other components you want to connect to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts