AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I purchased the Pioneer HTZ-BD32 HTIB, and was satisfied with it. However, I updated the firmware via wifi, it said it completely successfully, restarted itself, and has not worked since. The RMA process is a pain, so I'd rather just replace the receiver. Any recommendations on how to go-about doing this so I could continue using the speakers/sub I already have?

I don't mind buying the same receiver, but I cannot find it sold separately (without buying the entire HTIB system).

I also wouldn't mind buying a completely new receiver, but I cannot find a receiver that these speakers will connect to. More so, they are some-kind of "push-in" connection. All receivers I've seen connect to the speakers with speaker wire.

If I buy a new receiver, would I be able to just remove the connection, strip the wire, and connect it to any receiver?

Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

If it helps, here is what the speaker connection looks like on the back of the receiver. It is all the colored connections on the left side with the black border that says, "Speakers"

·
Registered
7,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey2050  /t/1500327/htib-receiver-replacement#post_23965353

I also wouldn't mind buying a completely new receiver, but I cannot find a receiver that these speakers will connect to. More so, they are some-kind of "push-in" connection. All receivers I've seen connect to the speakers with speaker wire.

If I buy a new receiver, would I be able to just remove the connection, strip the wire, and connect it to any receiver?
 Personally I would buy a new AVR and snip off the connectors and strip the wires (just like you said), figure out which one is pos and which is neg and connect them to the new unit. I did this years ago with a Sony HTIB and it worked fine. But if it doesn't work for some reason, at least you will now have a great excuse to buy new speakers. 

1 - 4 of 4 Posts