AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
If you are dead set on a Blu-ray HTIB set up and no more than the $300 mark I would look at the local craigs list or even ebay as you may be able to find a good used set up.

* I can only assume you are looking at something like this maybe?
http://www.amazon.com/LG-LHB536-Blu-...4565118&sr=1-5

The biggest problem with set up's that have an intergrated DVD/blu-ray payer invloved is if something goes wrong with the player the entire system is "junk" and you have to pretty much toss it away. Now... I dodnt know your situation as if you just need something to get you buy for a year or if you want something that will give you better performance so you dont feel the urge to "upgrade" for a few years??

If anything, I would reccomed haveing a seperate Blu-ray player & HT set up but I also understand it would cost a few dollars more as well.

Just an example...
http://www.accessories4less.com/make.../iphone/1.html

and
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...nic-dmp-bdt110

Just my opinion but you would be much happier with some sort of set up like that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well just due to lack of funds...turning the garage into a small apt. and wanted a decent HTIB with bluray so I wouldn't have to spend more on a blu ray player...

If I go the blu ray player separate route, what's the best low end HTIB without blu ray and what with blu ray?

·
Registered
19,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooky9669 /forum/post/20878088

well just due to lack of funds...turning the garage into a small apt. and wanted a decent HTIB with bluray so I wouldn't have to spend more on a blu ray player...

If I go the blu ray player separate route, what's the best low end HTIB without blu ray and what with blu ray?

I agree with skally. You're best off to go with separates. A decent entry level HTiB is the Yamaha YHT-395. The price is a tad bit more than what you listed but I think it would sever you better, now and in the future. What's nice is that the sub-woofer is not passive. It's powered separately.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have looked at the Yamaha and thinking bout it...saw the YHT-395 on ebay for $339 with free shipping..if I go that route...I'd hafta wait to et a blu ray player... any suggestions for a player? not getting this system until after the garage is done... which will prob. be several weeks...just finding out in advance..thanks for the help!

·
Registered
19,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooky9669 /forum/post/20878186

I have looked at the Yamaha and thinking bout it...saw the YHT-395 on ebay for $339 with free shipping..if I go that route...I'd hafta wait to et a blu ray player... any suggestions for a player? not getting this system until after the garage is done... which will prob. be several weeks...just finding out in advance..thanks for the help!

I have the Panasonic BDT-210 and am very happy with it. It plays very nicely with my HTS. eBay? Is it new? I'm always leery about buying off of eBay unless the seller is highly rated. But that's just me. I bought mine from Amazon. I just signed up for Amazon Prime and got free shipping (I think I paid 350 at the time) and then canceled my Amazon Prime before the one month introductory period was up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So much for that deal...he now has it for a Buy It Now price of 448.88 that's definitely more than I wanna spend...will keep looking...any other recommendations other than the Yamaha YHT 395??

·
Registered
19,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooky9669 /forum/post/20883006

So much for that deal...he now has it for a Buy It Now price of 448.88 that's definitely more than I wanna spend...will keep looking...any other recommendations other than the Yamaha YHT 395??

Sorry dude. That's the only HTiB that I have first hand experience with. The increase in the Buy It Now price probably means he has lots of inquiries. It is a very good entry level system.

·
Banned
2,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot /forum/post/20883404

Sorry dude. That's the only HTiB that I have first hand experience with. The increase in the Buy It Now price probably means he has lots of inquiries. It is a very good entry level system.

I bet Otto is glad he got his when he did! For the money, you can't beat the 395 400 and 500 series either. But your 395 is the best price/value. I went with my Yamaha RX-V765 unit for the same reason last year. Great price, no HDMI/burn up issues like Onkyo, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.