AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!

I want to use my pc as both a workstation and also an htpc when required.

System is as follows:

Opteron [email protected]

2GB Corsair XMS3200PT RAM

DFI RDX200-CF-DR crossfire motherboard

ATI X800GTO vga card (has 1 vga out and 1 DVI out)

Several hard drives

SATA DVDRW - Samsung

Acer 19" widescreen monitor ([email protected])

Panasonic TH42PZ70B plasma (1080p)

MCE Microsoft remote control

Logitech Harmony 785 remote control

Mediaportal 0.2.3.0

Up to now i have connected the pc to the tv with a vga-vga route but with this particular model of tv, we are restricted to using 1360X768 via VGA as all you get if you try 1920X1080 is a black screen.

I have been using powerstrip to set up a 1360X768 profile. I've also used LM Gestion in combination with the MCE remote together with a little batch file to make a one button solution to open up mediaportal on the tv. Everything great here but now i want to switch to 1920X1080 ie 1080p.

Today i picked up a DVI-HDMI cable and connected it all up and have tried lots of combinations of ATI display settings, powerstrip settings and keep getting a blank screen on the tv. I did managed to get a picture on the tv once when using 1920X1080 @ 24Hz but there was a fair bit of flicker on the screen like that of setting refresh rate too low. Also the pc display in the area of the TV that was visible was an extension of the monitor's i.e. i could drag a window past the right hand side of my monitor screen and then it would appear in the left hand side of the tv screen. Panasonic tell me it should display at 1080p at 50 to 60Hz but i have not found that to be the case. My monitor will not be able to handle 24Hz refresh [email protected]

I don't want to spend a lot of money to get this working as i like. Is there something i am not doing correctly?

My motherboard is crossfire so i am guessing it could take another card but i am not sure whether

1) it can be solved without another card (what i am hoping for)

2) i need to replace the card

3) i need to add another card like: Asus ATI Radeon EAH2600 Pro HTDP Silent 256MB DDR2 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

if 3) was to be the case, the card being dual dvi, could i output 1440X900 to the monitor AND 1920X1080 to the plasma or is that wishful thinking?

Appreciate your input here.

sn

1 - 1 of 1 Posts