AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have 2.9's. The last thing you would want to do is run them with too little power. I'm using a B&K amp with 200 wpc. Check ebay. Plenty of B&K amps for not much money. B&K and NHT make a nice pair. B&K has a warm sound that helps to take the edge off the NHT's. Another amp I would consider is Parasound. Try to give the NHT's at least 100 wpc.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Power depends on the room, target output, and speaker efficiency/specs.

From a stereophile article, here's the specs for the 2.9s:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/n...specifications

They're stated as 87 dB/W, and 6 ohms. Depending on what "low power" means, it could be suitable in a smaller space. Emotiva, Onkyo, AudioSource, and many others could all be starting points, but it really depends on your budget. B&K wouldn't be a bad choice, the same goes for Parasound, Rotel, Adcom, etc - I wouldn't buy just based on the name though, especially used; go for functionality/quality over brand names (in other words, if you find a B&K that's beat to hell, don't buy it over a brand new Emotiva or Onkyo).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.