Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to projectors so bear with me.

I have spent the last few days digging into around the message board and still am unable to answer my questions...

First off, on the 1030Q, what REALLY is the cutoff on the serial for 32kHz hor. scan, I have seen above 50xx, above 50xxx, and above 50xxxx.

My projector S/N is 10xxx which is above 50xx but under 50xxx obviously. If I am stuck with 26kHz I will be bummed!

I know what to do if I am able to do 32kHz, that's easy. But what are my options if I am stuck in 26kHz land. I don't know enough about PowerStrip to tweak it correctly yet. Will I be able to do [email protected]? I know I won't be able to do [email protected] unless I have a 32kHz 1030Q.

Finally, I am building a VGA to RGB2 cable. I have the pinouts, but I want to know about the composite sync. I have read that you can put the h-sync and v-sync together in the composite sync and then run neg. sync out of PowerStrip. I have also read that you have to build a circuit to make composite, which one is true??

So to sum up :)

s/n above 50xx, 50xxx, or 50xxxx - (mine is 10xxx)

What can I do if I am stuck with 26kHz to get 480p or close to it

Composite sync - twist together or build a circuit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
From a previous post:

Serials >501xx scan to 32Khz,

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
emotiondigital,

-- As Mike said it sounds like 26 khz . You may be able to get 640x480 @ 48Hz if you tweak the settings under Powerstrip [ just test the scan rate to be sure you are at or under 26 khz before connecting the PC to the Projector ] .

-- You can just combine the H & V to get composite sync , no circuit is needed on these units .

--- Best Wishes ,

---- Jason Berg

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MYoung
If you can't get a progressive picture then you might want to either sell her off or get a NTSC to RGB decoder with a digital comb filter.
I'm in a similar (actually worse situation) I can only do 16kHz. Can you give me brand names of such a device? (NTSC to RGB Decoder) Or better yet point me to a link or a store somewhere where I can buy this?

I've been looking everywhere with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I got a CMT-7 video decoder from AVToolbox for $170 about a year and a half ago. It sells now for $159. It yields reasonable results and anamorphic DVDs look quite good with it via S-Video considering it's 15.75KHz HS. I don't use mine (thought it line doubled!) and now I use a HTPC with my 1031Q. I've been trying to sell my decoder in the classified for a while. I'll relist it with a picture. The link to get it from AVToolbox is:

http://www.avtoolbox.com/cmt-7.htm

Mine is identical and I'm looking to get rid of it so I'll give you a deal on it over getting it from AVToolbox, if you're interested.

·
Registered
111 Posts
MYoung: Youve got PM!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.