AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any DV Premiere & HTPC users out there? I'm learning it and I actually like it!

You probably know this stuff requires more power than a standard HTPC. Super fast CPU, Big fast drives, lots o' RAM.

Any hardware conflicts you know of building a machine for heavy duty Premiere work *AND* HTPC vs. what's required for HTPC only. One I can see is the graphics card. Radeon 8500 may not be best for DV work. Or is it?

Anything else to consider?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Most post production facilities use Matrox for editing and color correction on the AVID workstations and/or Mac's. Adobe Premier. Seeing as you shelled out mucho cash for Premier. The highend Matrox DV card/s should suffice. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but how are the Matrox cards for HTPC use Vs. the Radeon or GeForce2,3?

What's the best of both worlds solution for specific hardware?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Figgie
Most post production facilities use Matrox for editing and color correction on the AVID workstations and/or Mac's. Adobe Premier. Seeing as you shelled out mucho cash for Premier. The highend Matrox DV card/s should suffice. ;)
Canopus cards are used for proper DV-editing. Matrox cards are not used for any practical editing. Only fancy effect and no color correction, which is a nice feature of Canopus cards.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Esben

Proper??? I am talking NTSC here not PAL. And even then the numerous companies that I worked for use Matrox card for minor Editing AND touch up color correction. These guys had HUGE clients and the clients where with them because they where damn good at it. But the matrox worked good. I know canopus was not in use for this particular company. As for doing high end color correction it is specialized equipement that cost lots of money and connect to an O2 backend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.