AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first time posting here... and I have some questions!

I am going to be purchasing a front projector within the next couple of weeks (woohoo)! But, I have some questions about resolution. Currently I have my computer setup for tv/movie/music/games with mythtv. I also have my screen resolution set to 1280x1064.

My question is: If I end up buying a SVGA projector (like the X1) will I be stuck with 800x600? Also, if I can have the computer use 1280x1024 and the projector downgrades it to 800x600 how bad will that look? (I am hoping to find a XGA 4:3 projector that is reasonably priced...)

I am trying to keep the cost low while still having a system that I will happy with.

Thanks,

Schwin97

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Usually picture quality is best if the PJ (DLP) is run at its native resolution. You can feed any other "compatible" resolution, but the PJ will scale it down/up with usually rather inferior results. If you have a flat screen or notebook handy, try to run it in any other than its native resolution (disable panning, though)..... Result is pretty much what it would look like for a PJ as well.

_____

Axel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.