AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building my first htpc and wanted to know how games look on a big screen. I have been reading this forum the last few days and don't see many people talking about games much with there htpc. Currently I have a new 57" sony wide screen. In the past games looked really crappy on tvs but I hear they are much better on hd tvs. So far I have the 2.5 pet4, gig ram, myhd card, radeon 9700 pro, and a bunch of hard drives to record some hd tv. gamers, please let me know if you think playing games this type of tv will look great or should i stick to my computer monitor. I would also like some advice on a sound card, one for games and dvd playback.

Thanks

Rare

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Getting games to work with RPTVs can sometimes be a pain too, since you have to make them work inside a weird custom resolution.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be using vga out to the audio authority 9a60 to my tv. I have read in one post that a lot of games will not let you use custom resolutions. I thought that powerstrip was supposed to override these setting but am not sure. I am really just concerned with pq. I dont mind spending time to adjust and tweak the setting if I can make it look nice on my tv. I just remember seeing games before on tvs and you could hardly even read any text and it looked really crappy.

Rare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.