AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been getting my HTPC up and running better each day and will remove my stand alone DVD player soon. My question is my wife plays CD's with the stand alone, so what will I need for her to play them on the HTPC?

·
Registered
850 Posts
If you have a big enough HD, why not just rip her collection to the drive, either compressed or not, and use one of the several fine front ends? My wife and I find it much easier than the standalone.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SIMJEDI - I am planning on moving the standalone DVD player into another room.

90c4 - I have a 120 gig HD. What do you mean by "front ends"?

Surely this is not that big of a deal just to play CD's. My sound card will be the Maudio DiO and it will be connected to my a/v receiver.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Windows media player plays Audio CDs just fine.

If you need bit perfect playback at 44.1Khz you need a soundcard capabel of that and can use Winamp with the CDDA and ASIO plugin.

Cheers

Thomas

·
Registered
850 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rgathright

90c4 - I have a 120 gig HD. What do you mean by "front ends"?
A software package will turn your PC into a media jukebox. I'm using XLobby

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I finally installed the Maudio DiO card today. I have not been able to get any audio when I play a CD with Windows Media Player.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check to make sure you have "digital audio" selected for the cdrom drive or you will have to connect the cable from the drive to the sound card.

Directions

right click my computer select properties then hardware then device manager, expand the cd drive/s and right click select properties then check the box marked "enable digital audio"

if that dont fix it reinstall drivers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.