AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just start using vnc to access the ht pc but it reqires login does any ond know of a vnc product that does not reqire login as i want all the other computers to boot into vnc to act like dumb terminals.

also i have started ripping my dvd collection what is going to be the best format to put them in will dix leave the dts and DD soundtracks intact.

regards

jc

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by visualbyte
i have just start using vnc to access the ht pc but it reqires login does any ond know of a vnc product that does not reqire login as i want all the other computers to boot into vnc to act like dumb terminals.
If your machines have no connection to the Internet, there is no real security risk in doing any of what I am about to suggest, otherwise, be forewarned that doing these things with passwords is REAL BAD in general.

You can have Windows automatically log you in. TweakUI from the Windows 9x PowerToys works fine on Win2K or XP as well, and allows you to set up auto-logon without mucking about in the registry.

For VNC, you can allow blank passwords on the server, or you can log on from the client once, then use the "Save connection info as..." menu item and answer "Yes" when it asks if you want to save the password in the file. Then, you can set up a shortcut in the "Startup" folder that runs VNC with the "/config" option and points to the .VNC file you just saved.

Then, when the PC boots, it logs on to Windows automatically, and then the VNC client is run and automatically connects you to the other machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.