Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering, does anybody use their htpc as VCR ? record shows digitally by schedule ? :)

and if yes, what program do you use ?

·
Registered
435 Posts
There have been lots of discussions on this recently. Use the search function and check for "Digital VCR", "Creative VCR", "HTPC PVR", "ShowShifter", "SnapStream" among other things. This should give you lots of information to start with.

Cheers

Lester

·
Registered
317 Posts
I use Cyberlink's PowerVCR along with my WinTV Card, works great. Obviously not as easy as TIVO, but much more fun & MUCH LESS Expensive

Almost forgot, i use TITANTV.com to schedule recordings. SOOO EASY!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Karnis
I use the Creative Video Blaster Digital VCR, works very well.
Do you know if there are any plans for an EPG???? The quality is great but the software is lacking. I have yet to see any 3rd party software for this card so I guess I'm stuck with the Creative software.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Using MyHD's built-in support. Plan to use TitanTV.com when they support the MyHD card.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
My favorite is Showshifter. They're latest release 1.7 makes it worthwhile, and uses the dScaler de-interlacer for playback. Woohoo!

Robert

·
Registered
6 Posts
now here is a wierd question. can u record a movie directly to a cd-r or cd-rw in vcd format?....i would assume that recent 32x cd-rws could keep up with an mpeg stream. any software allow this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.