AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm ready to replace my Faroudja LD-200 line doubler with a new scaler, and I want it to be an HTPC. I've already purchased an SDI-modded DVD player for this next step, and have no immediate needs for the HTPC to do anything but scaling (i.e not music server, not HD timeshifting/recording, etc.). I want the best scaler I can get out of an HTPC. I have a Runco 930 hi-def CRT projector, Stewart 120 inch screen, DirecTV and OTA HD via an RCA DTC-100, and various NTSC sources (laserdisc, dvd-of course, and some non-HD satellite viewing). What is the best way to go? I've read some about modded video cards, Holo3D cards, DScaler, etc. If you were me and wanted a hi-end scaler built, what would you demand be in it? Thanks,

Ted_B

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
the Holo3d II with daughtercard is the way to go in my opinion. The current drivers are/need tweeking but as of today i can finally watch HDTV via my DTC100 by inputting VGA and outputting DVI 1366x768 56HZ (native rez) to my projector. Finally!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power,

What daughtercard, what does it do? Talk to me; tell me what has been successful. What OS, chipset and video card (modded or what) you think rises to the top? Does the DTC-100 now look better through the HTPC scaler than going direct out via VGA, and does it even improve HD (which currently is a pass-thru on my system; I have the DTC-100 pass thru everything, actually, so the non-HD stuff uses the DTC-100's upconvert; I've never tested the non-HD stuff going through the Faroudja).

Thanks,

Ted_b

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Power is talking about H3D Version 2. I don't think it uses the Video card. Computer is only used for control. For more information, use the Immersive link in the Alliance Memers at the top of the page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.