AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I have my newly built HTPC connected to both my 50 inch flatscreen and my 22 inch monitor. I'm running the HDMI cable from the graphics card to the monitor, which gives me sound to that monitor. For the TV, I'm using a DVI to HDMI cable which, of course, doesn't carry a sound signal.

Is it possible, specifically in Windows 7 Media Center, to have the video come from my graphics card and the audio from the motherboard's onboard audio (for the TV) while the monitor gets its sound and video from the graphics card? Stated otherwise, is it possible to use both the graphics card and onboard audio for audio at the same time but from different medias (i.e. web and a movie)?

Thanks!

-Gramin

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it possible to switch the output source? For example, output audio from the video card for one program then switch to output from the motherboard for a different program, thus allowing me to still utilize Windows Media Center on the TV while browsing the web on the monitor.

·
Registered
837 Posts
You can rightclick on the speaker icon down by the clock and click on playback devices. Then select whichever you want to listen to. I don't think theres a way to have it auto change depending on the program though. I use this when I want to listen to music while playing a game or something. (I have hdmi to tv then optical from tv to stereo)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts